Sunday 15 January 2017

#Happiness

Hi there, today l am sharing with you a layout l made using the November kit from 
My Creative Scrapbook, you can check out their fantastic kits HERE



Here are details on how l created my background

Firstly cut random strips of paper and distress the edges, glue these in the centre of your background paper
I then choose 2 stencils, using paste l randomly placed these over the strips.
Before the texture paste was dry l sprinkled distress embossing powder over the top. Once this has dried you can rub some of it off to create a distressed appearance. 
Next l have painted watered down metallic paint over the dried surface and embossed some stamping. Keep your stenciling and stamping close together.
I have tried to capture the shine in this photo. 
I chose a chipboard word for my title and embossed using aged green enamel
I cut a circle in half to layer under both sides of my photo. This was embossed with aged wine enamel. If you want thicker sections, apply the powder heavier in places to achieve this effect.


Finally l added a few buttons, some threads, flowers and ink splatters. I also decided to add a brick stamp to match the bricks on my background paper.

This is a layout l created for a DT submission, l hope you enjoy looking at it as much as l enjoyed the creative process.

Materials
Papers & Chipboard circle - Blue Fern Studios
Chipboard word - Dusty Attic
Flowers & Mechanicals - Prima
Stamps - Prima, Kaiser Craft
Stencils - Prima
Embossing powders - Stampendous
Distress powder - Tim Holtz
Ink - Dylusions
Metallic paint, threads, buttons

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment, it means a lot to me