Friday 18 May 2012

Sketches with a Twist

I found a new site with monthly sketch challenges.
May Challenge at Sketches with a Twist has this design to work with and you had to add stitching to your page.


Here is my layout using some pics my mum took when visiting my brother who lives in Dubai. They went 4WD on the sand, and there sure is plenty of sand over there.
I used a Simple Stories paper for my background and added 7 gypsies Lille range over the top and inked these

My embellishments are a mixture of Prima flowers, elements cut from Echo Park,Crate, Simple Stories and 7 gypsie papers.

I stitched the compass and around the paper matting my photos
 


5 comments:

  1. fabulous take on the sketch, thanks for playing along with us at swat, I love the colors that you used and your photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI.. these photos look very interesting, and a great memory you have captured here on this layout..a fabulous mix of papers and embellies, and I love the title.. thanks for joining in at Sketches with a Twist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a wonderful take on the sketch! Your photos are wonderful, but I really like the colors and the pretty little details you've added. Nicely done! Thanks for joining us at Sketches with a Twist this month~
    Raechelle- SWAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did a great job of staying true to the colors and feeling of your photos. In fact, I can feel sand in my teeth! :-) It's a lovely layout. Thank you so much for joining our May challenge at Sketches With a Twist. :-)
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous take on the sketch and I love the way your layout really enhances the theme of your photos. Your stitching of the compass is a fabulous way to incorporate our twist. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketches with a Twist this month.
    Danie - SWAT DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it means a lot to me